The beta version of Shibarium, a Layer-2 blockchain scaling solution, will be launched soon. The Shiba Inu community, SHIBArmy, is looking forward to this event, elevating SHIB into the social media trends. It is the unity and activity of SHIBArmy members that make the meme dog coin more visible than other similar ones like DOGE or FLOKI.
What is SHIBArmy, and what kind of Dogs and Breeds does it have? This was explained by Shibarium1, Shiba’s main Telegram chats manager and a member of the Growth Breed and “lead” of external communications.
What is SHIBArmy?
Shiba Inu Army (or SHIBArmy) is a group that trades and buys cryptocurrencies and uses the NFT ecosystem of Shiba Inu. The community has a formal internal structure. There are four Breeds:
- Growth (working on the development and expansion of the community),
- Defense (the tasks include protection from scams, warnings, and so on).
Each Breed is headed by a Top Dog, and an Alpha. The Alpha is responsible for making sure each Breed is on track with internally set Objectives and Key Results and reports weekly Key Performance Indicators to the Top Dog of their Breed.
Each Breed is then broken down further into Packs headed by The Leader of The Pack (LOTP). The LOTP ensures the pack collectively works towards granular goals that further our collective vision of being a decentralized totality.
“The SHIB community is strong. I do believe [it’s] all thanks to SHIBArmy collaborating together, and it was a season for memes that helped boost the creation of an interesting, chaotic environment at that time. Everyone is free to do whatever they want, so if someone wants to become part of the Shiba community, they may do it.”
Why look forward to the Shibarium?
In simple terms, Shibarium is a Layer-2 chain that is built on the Ethereum blockchain (Layer-1). This upgrade will bring the following improvements:
- increase throughput.
- Reduce or even eliminate gas fees (transaction fees on the Ethereum blockchain),
- SHIB will become a utility token. The huge stock of tokens keeps it from being turned into utility tokens. A new combustion mechanism could solve this problem.
- Accelerate decentralized applications (DApps).
- Development of SHIB: The Metaverse.
However, there is no exact release date for Shibarium yet, although there are rumors circulating about February 14.
“The community has been waiting for Shibarium since last year. However, there have never been postponements, since no one has promised or given a date. Also, I mean, anyone could build Shibarium before or during the last 2 years if they prefer not to wait. For those who doubt: yes, it is real. Also, I don’t want to give this example as an excuse or to cover anyone, but Polygon took around two or three years to launch their centralized blockchain. Now, part of the community is churning out rumors that the Shibarium release is scheduled for February 14. But people like to do speculations as usual, and I don’t give predictions for prices or dates.”
A brief guide to Shiba tokens: SHIB, BONE, LEASH, TREAT, and SHI
The Shiba Inu ecosystem has several tokens.
- Shiba Inu ($SHIB) is the first and central token and is designed to be used for payments. Transactions in Shibarium will burn SHIB tokens, thereby lowering their number and increasing their value.
- Bone ShibaSwap ($BONE) is a utility token for the decentralized finance (DeFi) platform, ShibaSwap. Also, BONE allows holders to vote on important protocol proposals. It will be used as a gas token for transactions on the Shibarium blockchain.
- Doge Killer ($LEASH) will be used as exclusivity to get something early, just like how it was used to get something early in SHIBOSHIS NFTs and SHIB YARD NFTs. LEASH will allow its holder to get early access to Shib: The Metaverse land sales.
- $TREAT will be a new reward token for SHIBA holders, but it’s not released yet.
“SHIB tokens have real-life usage too, such as being used as a payment method to purchase online, book flights, book hotels, pay in local stores, and so on. I hold LEASH and BONE.”
SHIB in the metaverse
The expansion of SHIB: The Metaverse is the natural next step for the Shiba decentralized token community project, its creators say.
“A metaverse release is planned as part of the Shibarium. It is more about the long-term rather than the current hype, or season, or whatever it is called, I think.”
The developers promise that SHIB: The Metaverse will provide an unforgettable immersive experience that allows people to explore, learn, and interact with the Shiba Inu ecosystem in exciting new ways.
There will be 11 HUBs in SHIB: The Metaverse. HUBs are epicenters of activity in the metaverse, offering special experiences related to the theme of each HUB. Each offers special attractions that can only be experienced at that center. Users will be able to earn passive income, collect in-game resources, earn rewards, and even have their own space to create and manage their projects in SHIB: The Metaverse.
All three tokens – SHIB, LEASH, and BONE – will play a role as phases roll out.
- Shiba Inu(SHIB)$0.0000110.080%
- Bone ShibaSwap(BONE)$1.06-1.53%
- Doge Killer(LEASH)$381.33-0.33%