Although investing in cryptocurrency in the United Kingdom is simple, you must consider how you want to store your digital tokens. This is because crypto assets are kept in wallets, which can take the form of a smartphone app, desktop software, or even a real hardware device.
The following are the most significant factors to consider while selecting the best cryptocurrency wallet in the UK:
- The convenience with which cash may be sent and received.
- Wallet type — for example, mobile or desktop.
- Features of exchange and investment
Modern cryptocurrency wallets allow you to earn bitcoin through mining, staking, or investing. The finest crypto wallets allow you to establish conveniently accessible and functional payment options for purchasing cryptocurrency. This is in addition to allowing you to exchange it at a low cost.
Most crypto wallets in the UK also allow you to safely receive and send bitcoin to external wallets while maintaining control over your private keys. This script outlines the best cryptocurrency wallet in the UK that you can choose based on your needs.
eToro – the best overall crypto wallet in the UK in 2023
eToro is a top crypto exchange that offers crypto, equities, ETFs, indices, currencies, commodities, and more. If you want a safe and simple way to purchase, sell, and store cryptocurrency, eToro is the finest Bitcoin wallet in the UK. To begin with, if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies through the eToro website, you may just leave the tokens in your Bitcoin account.
Because eToro is approved and regulated by the FCA, it is responsible for safeguarding your digital funds. Furthermore, if you desire to cash out your cryptocurrency winnings, you may do so instantly through your eToro portfolio. EToro is also responsible for the Money Crypto Wallet, which is available for free download on iOS and Android smartphones.
Another reason why eToro is the finest crypto wallet in the UK is because it lets you buy and trade virtual currencies on a spread-only basis (starting at 0.75%). This implies that you can acquire XRP, Ethereum, and famous meme currencies like Shiba Inu as well as Dogecoin without leaving your house.
You can choose from over 75 cryptocurrencies and deposit as little as $10 (approximately £7). For cryptocurrency purchases, eToro accepts debit/credit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets.
How to use eToro cryptocurrency wallets
- Account creation is required: Go to the website or download the Android or iOS app. Click “Login” and then “Sign Up.” To purchase and sell crypto using fiat deposits from the bank, a credit card, or electronic payments, an eToro account must be authenticated. The account must be validated.
- On the eToro Money mobile app or website, go to the Crypto tab: Choose the cryptocurrency for which you want a wallet. The features Send, Invest, Withdraw, Receive, and Trade are then available
- Send, receive, and exchange cryptocurrency: By pressing or clicking on the cryptocurrency, you may discover a wallet to send coins to. The Receive function may be used to retrieve the receiving address.
- You may purchase cryptocurrency without paying any commissions.
- You may swap coins directly from your wallet.
- You only need to invest $10.
- The FCA completely regulates it in the United Kingdom.
- You may automate trading and choose the finest ways.
- The platform works in US currency and will necessitate a conversion.
- Variable spread.
Crypto.com — a fantastic DeFi wallet for UK traders
Crypto.com is among the top new crypto exchanges in the UK, with various intriguing features for cryptocurrency traders. To begin, you may trade almost 250 different cryptocurrencies with great liquidity and minimal trading costs on your mobile device via Crypto.com or the desktop exchange.
This UK crypto exchange provides a unique non-custodial wallet for safely storing your money. The Crypto.com wallet supports over 100 currencies, including the major cryptos as well as other ER20 tokens. It lets you farm and exchange DeFi tokens straight from your wallet, providing swap-free sharing and bonus yields for some pools.
This is a cryptocurrency staking site where you can earn up to 8.5% per year on your coins and up to 14% per year on stablecoins! We also purchase NFTs on the site, making it a very flexible exchange with something for all types of crypto traders. There’s also a Crypto.com VISA card that provides you 8% back on CRO, the exchange’s coin. You may deposit cryptocurrency and obtain a quick loan without a credit check.
ZenGo — a UK wallet for cryptocurrency, NFTs, and DeFi Dapps
ZenGo is a multi-asset as well as multi-chain Web3 wallet with a variety of features, such as support for syncing to Dapps and storing non-fungible tokens, making it a top NFT wallet and a crypto wallet available to UK citizens.
ZenGo, founded in 2018, has a high reputation in the crypto market, with 500,000+ users in 180 countries, including the United Kingdom. ZenGo, in particular, has a 4.78/5 ranking score on the Google Play Store and the App Store.
In addition to holding cryptocurrency tokens, the ZenGo wallet allows you to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other popular cryptocurrencies. In addition, holders can earn up to 8% APY on their assets automatically. Crypto gaming enthusiasts may also utilize ZenGo to link to their preferred gaming Dapps.
ZenGo provides a simple recovery kit that may be moved to new devices if your smartphone is lost, as well as 3-factor authentication and 3D biometric encryption for further protection.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Earn 4% APY on your Bitcoin investment.
- Over 70 crypto assets are available, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin. Store, trade, purchase, and receive crypto all in one spot.
- By using the code ZENX0B4G, you can get $10 in Bitcoin cashback on transactions over $200.
- There are presently less than 100 coins accessible.
Binance not only has cheaper costs than Coinbase but also has a global preference as a crypto trading wallet. It supports more than 1,000 different trading pairings. One of the current issues has been regulatory conflict, and another has been openness. You may trade cryptocurrency on the spot and futures markets using advanced charting tools. It also allows for leveraged trading.
Binance has evolved into being a decentralized platform in addition to hosting wallets. In addition to over-the-counter items, customers may now trade peer-to-peer through the Binance Chain. Its wallets permit purchasing cryptocurrency with fiat currency, including electronic payment methods like PayPal.
- Binance Chain and Binance Coin are both cryptocurrencies. Reduce fees by using the latter.
- The charge is determined by the volume of trades.
- Invest in cryptocurrency regularly using dollar-cost averaging. Has automobile investments.
- Almost 50 additional payment options are available to purchase cryptocurrency using fiat.
- Products are mined, staked, and saved.
- NFT assistance.
- Loans in cryptocurrency.
- Visa card from Binance.
- Apps for iOS, Android, and the web are available.
- Android does have a dApp browser that allows you to view alternative wallet apps for usage on the Binance chain.
If you want to put your crypto assets in a non-custodial storage unit, Trust Wallet, endorsed by Binance, is another option. This offers you access to almost every blockchain network in the business, as well as decentralized finance apps. Remember that you will be fully obligated to keep your non-custodial wallet safe.
- 0.1% trading commission.
- Outstanding reputation.
- Based on trade volume, it is one of the major exchanges in the United Kingdom.
- Is the Trust Wallet available?
- Debit and credit card deposits are subject to a 1.8% charge.
- It might be a little confusing for new users.
Huobi is a cryptocurrency wallet that is well known because of its digital asset trading services. Millions of trading accounts are hosted on the site, which accepts a variety of cryptocurrencies. This indicates that Huobi might be a viable solution if you want to store many digital tokens through a single hub.
In terms of storage, Huobi allows you to purchase cryptocurrency on its website and retain the tokens in your portfolio. This implies that Huobi will keep the tokens safe behind the scenes. You may also download the Huobi mobile app, which is compatible with Android smartphones and iOS.
Both alternatives provide you with access to a diverse set of tools and capabilities. For example, if you want to convert bitcoins using Huobi, you will just pay a 0.20% charge for every slide. You may also utilize the Huobi Earn tool to earn interest on your bitcoin assets. Staking services and crypto loans are also available on the site.
Trust Wallet accepts currencies and tokens from over 65 blockchains. This eliminates the need to download numerous wallet apps, making it our top selection for the best mobile wallet.
Trust Wallet allows you to easily import popular currencies and tokens, examine charts and pricing data, and send alerts directly to your smartphone. Trust Wallet also allows you to import custom tokens if you wish to see cryptos that aren’t shown by default. You must be cautious while verifying contract addresses, as anybody may develop false copies of current cryptos.
Connect to dApps as well as DEXs that accept the Wallet Connect extension as well. You may also buy cryptos with fiat using third-party services like Moonpay and even stake assets straight from your Trust Wallet.
Coinbase was founded in 2012, charges a 3.99% fee for credit card deposits, and has around 89 million verified customers. You’ll also have to pay 1.49% on every purchase and sell order you place. However, it may be used as a digital wallet in various ways. The first is via the Coinbase website, and the second is via the native mobile application.
Additionally, Coinbase Pro is ideal for expert cryptocurrency investors. You may use its robust trading terminal to access all of the capabilities of Coinbase’s exchange platform. This makes Coinbase Pro an excellent choice for trading your favorite coins.
- There are around 73 million verified users.
- The interface is simple to use.
- Outstanding mobile application.
- The FCA has granted us a license.
- Debit card deposits are subject to a 3.99% charge.
- 1.49% trade commission.
The BitBox Wallet
BitBox is an open-source hardware wallet built in Switzerland that holds your bitcoins. This implies that, rather than accessing your virtual assets online through a mobile application or desktop program, your tokens are safely stored in a physical device. Because your money remains offline, this is the most secure way for investors to keep their investments for the long term.
Shift Crypto, the parent company of the BitBox hardware wallet, initially introduced it in 2015. The solution is available in over 100 countries and offers over 1,500 digital assets. The gadget protects your bitcoins using a mix of PINs, private keys, and cutting-edge firmware.
- The market’s most secure cryptocurrency wallet.
- Backup phrases for recovery via microSD card and Steelwallet.
- Over 1500 cryptocurrencies are supported.
- The Bitcoin-only version.
- The wallet costs around USD 135.
- Sending and receiving digital materials is inconvenient.
- You are entirely responsible for the security of your backup password.
- There is no regulatory safeguard.
BitLox is a cryptocurrency wallet that has been operating since 2015 and was designed by Hong Kong-based BitLox Limited. This hardware storage device has advanced security measures and can store up to 100 wallet addresses. Fifty of these may be buried and opened using unique PINs.
BitLox works with various operating systems, including Windows, Chrome OS, and macOS. You may also use Bluetooth to link it to iOS and Android phones. The wallet has an alphanumeric keypad that does not obstruct the screen and is extremely easy to use.
- Elegant style with an alphanumeric keypad.
- Multiple PIN codes for added security.
- Mobile Bluetooth compatibility.
- Not suitable for beginners.
- Features are limited.
- There is no regulation.
- There are no tools for buying, selling, or exchanging bitcoins.
The Atomic Wallet
Atomic Wallet is our favorite desktop wallet because it supports over 500 cryptocurrencies and tokens over fifty blockchain networks in a single program and is accessible on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Its user-friendly design makes it a favorite choice for both novices and experts.
Konstantin Gladych, CEO of Changelly, introduced the wallet in 2017. Changelly is a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange incorporated into Atomic Wallet that allows you to trade coins or buy them with a debit or credit card.
Cardano (ADA), Cosmos (ATOM), and Tezos (XTZ) are among the digital assets that may be staked, and the wallet includes an NFT portfolio for the Solana blockchain.
If you have any issues using the Atomic Wallet, you may contact its 24/7 customer support service.
There is no such thing as a “best crypto wallet” that fits everybody. The appropriate wallet for you should match your demands, so if safety is your top priority, you’ll likely select a different wallet than someone who wants quick and simple access to their funds. The thing to keep in mind is first to conduct research and evaluate a variety of wallets. Begin with our selected crypto wallets outlined above to get a sense of what’s available and the important features to consider.